Monday, February 16, 2015

The Craft of Uncertainty (teaser pics)- MFA exhibition by Luis Sahagun

And... so it is time. My MFA exhibition is a week away. All of the work that will be presented was created in late January early February (2015). At this time, some of the work is still in process, and some of the work will be created on site.

It should be a fun exhibit. I think it will be kinda funny actually. Some pieces just decided to go that route.  I have been playing around with new materials.. bubble gum is the most recent.. well see if I am able to pull it off. So far I think the material is working well in my studio..it is playing nice with it studio buddies..aka cement and fabric.

I feel like I should right (write) this grand huge hurrah.. but I am not really motivated to. I worked really hard to make an interesting show, but I think this is not a hurrah kinda moment..

It is more of a..Hey! check out these really cool ways of making that I discovered for myself this month of February in my studio. Its funny, creative and smells weird. Please come help me clean my studio after the show!! :)

Ok.. its late and I dont know what I am talking about now.. soo without further adu (sp?) haha here is the info for my show.

Oh and the pictures I post are just teaser shots, gotta go to the show to see the work, playa's.

alrighty then, time to go watch the walking dead.. ciao!!


The Craft of Uncertainty

An exhibition that celebrates my engagement to form, color, and culture. The collection of works in the show highlights my current processes, risks, and discoveries that have developed throughout my MFA studio practice. The range of materials used to create the work include bubble gum, cement, plaster, Paper, wood, and fabric.

The exhibition runs from February 23rd until February 27th.  

A CLOSING reception will be held on Thursday, February 26th from 5:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m.

Gallery 214- located at the Visual Arts Building, Northern Illinois University 
313 Gilbert, Dekalb Illinois 60115

Gallery Hours:
Mon-Wed: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thurs: 10 a.m. -9:00 p.m.
Fri: 10 a.m.-12 p.m
  






toxic crusader sex scene changed my life
Jaguar Head.. thinking about the spreading of the jaguar skin


PaperMache- I love the color brown!!




Bio hazard warning..smells like warm glue and hamster poop.






made with foam, metal, concrete, and then I took a hammer to it! 





plaster, cement, and lots of shiny colors..oooh lala




cement and alot of anger to make this cucuy..el chamuko nagul hahaha

not sure if this will make the final curators cut..but its a fun piece





chikle..osea bubble gum and some sexy and juicy and shiny saliva




No comments:

Post a Comment