Wednesday, March 4, 2015

LVL3 : Five..osea cinco



                                                           







I visited this show during their opening, which was this past Saturday , Feb 28 and let me tell you something ...dis show rocks! I've heard of LVL3 before from online sources. They have been part of expo Chicago and their name just seems  pop up everywhere. Annnd..as u can see the line up for this show is pretty awesome. The owners or co-founders are super nice too. I spoke to them briefly and you can tell they r nice people. That makes for a great venue to go to, in my opinion.


But yea. The show rocks. It has some great paintings by Ben sanders, which is from Los angeles, cali..cali. and Lauren clay from nyc..josh reames which shows everywhere in the world right now, threw in some green arrows that were stuck on the walls of the exhibit..really made for nice flow..seemed like the arrows protruded off the wall just in the perfect placement so that u can either poke ur eye or trip..I thought that was cool. Sabina has some awesome pieces that hang from the ceiling, party like feel that incorporated poetic statements. At least that what I think.. they weren't full statements..more like something in between.. no beginning and no real ending, but threw u mentally into a path of poetry.. it was fun.
Josh reames

I spent some time talking to Lauren clay and Ben sanders, well what nice people they are. Everyone at this show was nice and welcoming.  I even looked really bummy..and I felt zero judgement of my working class outfit :)

I'm sure most of you already know about these artist and this venue..but if u dnt...ur missing out playas. Def a must see show. Really. I dunno why I haven't seen more excitement about this show on social media.. but I think..that it's one of the better shows up in march in chicago. Why?! Many bloggers or artist do their top list of art shows to go to.."must see".."top 5" sometimes not always but I feel like the blogger is just sending shout out about shows they know about or artist they know about...which is cool. No hating hurr.

Lauren clay!..www.laurenclay.com

I'm just saying, I walked into this exhibit as a stranger, experienced some fuckng nice art, met four really kind people and walked out #likeaboss

Here are some pics of the show!!

Sabina ott pieces are on the ceiling..and a Ben sanders piece on the bottom

Ben sanders painting. For mo 411 go to bensandersstudio.com or Google him..duh


This painting by Ben sanders reminds me of la danza de la pluma..haha

La danza de la pluma









No comments:

Post a Comment