Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ay wey!! my visit to the union street show!! Image Impression Attitude..




































Me gusta vivir alegre....pa ke me amargo la vida?..perro bichi y mujeriego...eeeeuuui!!!.eui eui eui...haha banda el recodo in da morning, now thats a way to wake up!!!ay wey this has got to be the earliest i've written in this blog..whoaa 10 am..yikes!!! And only one pint of coffee thus far, 5 more to go..hehe So this past friday was the openeing reception to the art show at union street art gallery in da heights!! This was by far the best show I have seen there in a while..granted i havent been to many, but I just enjoyed the diverse pieces!! Sum good stuff there, and yo uguys still have time to go check it out! There were pieces super large!! These pieces were paintings, acrylic I believe, but dnt hold me to it.. One of my favorite pieces, was the installation done by randy (pic above..guy with white stripped shirt) You know it was just fun..A bit thought provokin, but mostly fun for me, and I havent seen work like that around here so its always fun to break thru the traditional, paintings...The guy made the trip from kentucky I believe..So Thats cool,- thats what national event do..bring in people from around da states!!


there were other cool, pieces, like a kinetic sculpture by jonah ( i think dats how u spell his name) you would insert a quarter and then this fish and hook things would move up n down..i took a video I'll try to post it up here if i can..that was fun!! Unfortunately I had to leave early from the reception So I wasnt there to hear the victors names be announced..So if you guys wana know who won, ur gona have to go check it out for yourselves...Im wondering who they were..


hopefully my absolute favorite piece won..Its the huge painting in the pic above..titled, fear factor vs. cops...Its awesome to see work at that scale..a huge scale..although sometimes its overdone..the size of the image should be representative of what your goal of the piece is ..dnt just go large to impact cuz it sure as hell can back fire!!! haha it'll sound like a drive by at the hill..lol jay kay!! But for real this piece fit the theme well, it was obviously well done and it stirred up some controvery which I luvvv to do!! cops!! everyone knows that woed alone is controversy..lol


the show will be up for a lot longer, go to their website for more info..www.unionstreetgallery.org


Heres the video..!! the guys name is jonah, he has more similar work..ill post more of his stuff so you can go check it out in person!!


No comments:

Post a Comment