Wednesday, January 13, 2010

painting by Javier Chavira


Mr. Chavira's painting is very well balanced and it attracts the viewers through its dynamic colors and textures...ok ok ennough of the art class critic style..lets keep this real! In a nutshell Mr. Chavira falls in the category i just invented- labeled "bad ass"!! The guy has skills, why?..look at the image! When I walked into the art gallery in park forest (tall grass) I was mesmerized..seriously, now I've seen alot of art lately and senor Chavira's work most defenitely is on the top of my list..
Realism usually doesnt attract me much..been there, seen it all over.. want something real lets take a pic and move on right?..wrong, in this case! I was literally staring at the portrait for about 25 secs about 1" away from it.. its so soft and meticulous (did i spell that right?) and def worth staring at! AND the best of all is after the your done admiring the realism, you begin to see everything else that this painting has to offer..hm?..maybe its not a painting maybe its a collage, a 3-d collage. Actually I thought this realistic image was so good, I thought the artist maybe printed it outta his pc and used some form of fancy computer gimick to trick the viewer?.. Anyways back to the piece..You also have to admire the planning that evidently went into Mr. Chaviras work. All in all Mr. Chaviras's work is defenitely something I reccomend you go and check out! support the community and support our local artist!! You can find more info on Javier Chavira at his website (google his name) and /or at tallgrassarts.org. His work is being displayed at the Tall grass arts gallery 367 artist walk, park forest illinois 60466! Go check it out and show him sum love by signing the guest book (i'd go asap since his show should prob only be up until late jan)!

2 comments:

  1. As I read this blog, I was thinking back to last night. I am a big fan of the show Medium, and I usually catch the reruns on weekday evenings at around midnight on Lifetime. The one I caught last night really caught my attention, not only because I had never seen it before, but because the subject of the investigation was this murdered woman who was communicating to Allison (the Medium) through the paintings. The paintings that this young man, Jason, was painting were events that took place when he was just a young child. They were buried deep in his subconscious but they came out through his paintings. With Allison helping to put the pieces together, they told a story about his mother's tragic murder.

    This just got me thinking about how each painting tells a story that the artist may not even know he/she are telling. With each brushstroke, every shade of color that is used...
    I wonder what the story is behind Mr. Chavira's painting. It looks to be a loved one. I'm guessing she isn't with us anymore. The colors are bright and festive and many traits that Jesus on the crucifix only instead of a crown of thorns, a pretty vine...? and hummingbirds!!:)Maybe they were her favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting point! I'm not at all familiar with all of Javiers work, but this style is a mexican catholic iconic type ..wouldnt you agree..this is how we (mexican-americans) are used to seeing saints and virgins..its defenitle interesting and ambiguous in itself.. i def enjoyed ur response i didnt see it from that angle, but i agree artist/painters have a story and javier must def have a story as why this women was chosen why the hummingbirds and why the colors ,..etc..one can only look admire and make our own assessment..besides these paintings are just beautiful to watch without the thought provoking element..once you add that to the equation it makes for fantastic art!

    ReplyDelete