Monday, October 22, 2012

I am at NIU!!! Holla!

Soooo I have not blogged in a super long time. I have been really busy, as of August I have been at Northern Illinois University in pursuit of my MFA.

I spent a year at GSU as an MA graduate and with the artistic guidance of Javier Chavira I was able to build my portfolio and get accepted to NIU for my MFA. :)

Time flies!! I cant believe how fast time is going by. I am living in a new place, going to a new school, and making new friends.. I am going to cry..Dear Diary... lol

I am in love with my new life. I miss my family and friends, I miss Union Street Gallery and I miss working with Jeff Stevenson at the Visual Art Gallery!! But this whole concept of me sleeping whenever I want, making art as much as I want..well that is just pretty darn amazing.. I want time to slow down, I am in a three year program and I do not want it to go by fast.. Real life STINKS!!!

I have met amazing people here at NIU, and an amazing artist and teacher Katie Kahn :) every teacher here has been great and I cant wait to meet and study under other teachers next semester!!

anyways enough talk...Here are pics of the Art that I have been making at NIU!! yes..in my very own studio...holla!!

enjoy the pics...


 This is the first time in a while that I have drawn on paper.. it was a lot easier than drawing on cardboard I tell you.. It is 6 ft tall and 3 ft wide (i think). I will get into the concept of the subject matter in another post :)

 




Boxes!!!!! Staying true to my first love- Cardboard!!! I am slowly making more sculptural work. still being expressive and having fun!! I found that living in dekalb forces me to recall childhood memories..most if not all of the work I did this first semester is all about memories I have..This is also about 5ft wide and 3ft tall.





 Staying true to the Technique Mixte.. Here I am just exploring and learning more about the actual technique of glazing.









 More Technique mixte :) adding color to my work with the use of collage! Thinking about negative space and connecting shapes to other shapes..puzzle like.






This is modified image in Photoshop... FUN!



I will soon be posting a video of a performance / sculpture that I did.!!!!

Holla!!!














4 comments: