Thursday, August 18, 2011

Artist Statement!!!


If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine-Ernesto Che Guevara.

My artwork takes a critical view of social, political, and cultural issues. Good vs. Evil and an introduction to an invisible war that justifies pain, suffrage and the difficulties of human life. Often time’s humanity faces questions of spirituality, moral beliefs and deities. I attract attention to these issues and tell the stories that I believe should be heard.

I attempt to deliver the stories by marrying academia and street art. Consequently, the artwork then contains historical references with urban materials and processes. I do this in an attempt to attract multiple audiences, especially younger generations that may be drawn by the popularity of street art but have yet to understand the entirety of art- which may be reached through university studies.

While I use a variety of materials and processes in each project my methodology is consistent. I strategically apply a design process. The process begins with an idea, which then is fueled by extensive research. Learning what artwork has been previously constructed allows me to further enhance and develop my artwork.

Currently I am working on assemblages that are composed of burned cardboard, screen prints, spray paint, photographic image transfers, acrylic/oil paint, and found objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment