Monday, August 9, 2010

El Chapulin Colorado Vs. Superman..My first digital work





Ok, so im excited to post this...Its my first digital painting..I think I can call it that..lol, it was a combination of sketching, Photoshop, Cobalt, Poser, and Illustrator..I think thats all I used..Its mostly photoshop work tho...It falls into the pop art work that ive been working on..Im tryin to have a decent enough body of work in that theme before I move on to something else...and to be honest theres alot more ideas...haha..Its like if im doin everything I wanted to do wen I was a little kid!!
I used to diligently collect x-men cards...I saved up all my dinero..aka mula to buy these cards.!! and my absolute favorite were the ones titled: Wolverines greatest battles!! they was sick!!! Wolverine would appear fighting, the hulk, spiderman, abviously sabretooth, etc..they were the best thing life had to offer me at my age..still is actually haha with the excetion of guess who?...jajaj Mr. Red Grasshopper!!!
EL CHAPULIN COLORADO, Ay wey...wey ay...With his pastillas de chiquitolina...he used to crack me up..anyways this piece titled: Culture Clash represents my mind my inner battle of being mexican american...which is better?...why how?..are they that different..so in this peice its my inner thoughts being released in the only way i know how...my version of an ultra fleer comic card...El chpulin colorado vs Superman the man of steel...americas favorite hero...a clash till the death?..
you guys should read the back side of the card and tell me what you think of the story..how would you cahnge the outcome?..or would you?...feedback would be appreciated fellas..n ladiiies!!!
nothing is set on stone..im still working on modyfin the story line!!
hope you enjoy me art!!

4 comments:

  1. I believe the result is our everyday reality. Bringing two childhood icons into the on-going issue like, illegal immigration creates a different perspective of the way people see this issue. In a sense, it asks the viewer to pick a hero but at the same time to acknowledge the problem. Unfortunately, this problem is far from been settled and nonetheless it would take a lot more than superman or el chapulĂ­n to solve it. Overall - good concept and great graphics. Good luck!

    - j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senor anonymous thanks for the comment and feedback!! I agree its an issue that needs to be resolved and we need to shine light to this problem..so we may create an awareness.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, wanted to comment earlier but just had to say this turned out really great.

    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks alot Bryan!! or shall I say Superman!! haha

    ReplyDelete